The detailed program structure is as here
Students who complete the Diploma level can exit with a Diploma in programming or/and Diploma in Data Science from IIT Madras. Students who successfully complete all three levels will be awarded ‘BSc Degree in Programming & Data Science from IIT Madras’.
Need for Alumni Support:
* All contributions to IIT Madras are 100% tax exempted.
IIT Madras plans to support 600 needy students. The total course fee per student is Rs.2.42 lakh / USD 3500.
Cost Structure of the course:
- Foundational Level courses (8) will cost ₹4,000 per course.
- Skill Enhancement courses (4) in Diploma / Degree Level will cost ₹5,000 per course
- All other courses in Diploma / Degree Level (19) will cost ₹10,000 per course
- Total course fee is Rs.2.42 lakh / USD 3500 per student to complete the 31 courses in BSc degree from IIT Madras
- Financial support will be provided term wise. The complete course fee will be given as a scholarship for a student who is eligible and qualified for the scholarship.
- Based on the performance of the student in the previous term, financial support will be given in the manner of course fee credits for the courses in the upcoming term.
- Students can apply for various scholarships based on their need and their eligibility.
- Since this is an Online Degree Program, the eligible students for the scholarship will change every term based on their performance. This scholarship will also be one of the motivating factors for a student to continue and complete the degree.
- All the scholarships will be disbursed on a term basis to the eligible students on the merit-cum-means criteria.
- For those students qualifying for the funding support, the estimated course fee cost to support 600 students in every term is INR 14.52 Crore. This proposed course fee scholarship budget will be used across a period of 3 years. Scholarships will be given in every term. There are three terms in a year.
- Total budget required is 14,52,00,000 (14.52 Crore) for 600 students.
- The course fee per student is Rs.2.42 lakh / USD 3500.
- Alumni can fund the scholarship on a yearly basis for a period of 3 years.
Eligibility Criteria for the scholarship:
• Student with Family annual Income Less than Rs. 5,00,000.
• Student should have scored more than 60% in the qualifier exam.
• First Generation learners will be given preference.
• Average score of the 4 courses in Term 1 should be at least 60%.
Jamuna Hostel - Keepitflowing2.36Cr5Cr
NPTEL - Construction of 3 state-of- the-art studios at IIT Madras1.38Cr4Cr
Life Skill Courses at IIT Madras7.97L45L
Metal 3D Printer16K1.5Cr
Heritage Centre Dome Exhibitions (Temporary Thematic Exhibitions)080L
Godavari Hostel - Keepitflowing2.24Cr5Cr