Some of the GN category courses offered past few years are:
• GN1101/GN1102 Life skills I & II for the first years focusing on two aspects of campus life namely, Getting along and coping with change.
• GN6101 Strategies for Professional Growth – this course introduces topics that will help student understand how to cope with the world outside once she/he is out of the campus. Topics such as Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Mgmt, Cross cultural understanding, creative thinking, listening, design thinking, art of questioning, reading skill etc. This is a huge burden lifted off the shoulders of corporates who come to campus for placement in terms of finishing school training.
• GN5002 Discovering Creativity / GN6110 The Purposeful Engineer – these courses stress on owning one’s own creativity. It is about understanding that a problem needs to be owned before we attempt to solve it. The student wears an empathy hat and goes around the campus looking for a problem. Once a problem has been identified he learns the process of creativity by going through each of the following steps. Identify the problem, seek information, redefine the problem, generate ideas, choose ideas, shape the ideas and implement ideas. This course is very structured and helps them learn that creativity is a deliberate act.
• GN6111 The Purposeful Engineer – the emphasis is on serving the world at large and seeking meaning in being an engineer. The student is encouraged to solve a world problem thereby helping him understand his usefulness to serving a larger cause. For this we ask students to pick a problem from the 14 grand challenges and research the problem and present an implementable solution.
• GN6106 Habits, Happiness and Success –The essence of the course is "Does success cause happiness" or "Does happiness lead to success" + How can keystone habits like (exercise, meditation, good sleep, helping others, gratitude) contribute to happiness. This course is offered purely in an experiential mode by Alumni thanks to the effort of Prashanth Vasu and Sriram Kalyanaraman.
• GN6109 Fostering Enriching Relationships – High quality relationships are central points in our existence. Higher incidence of social isolation and loneliness that are called the new ‘epidemic’ is a cause of concern. This introspective and practical course on building, nurturing, and sustaining enriching, deep friendships intends to create opportunities for learners to develop meaningful relationships through the course.
• GN6002 – Lets Play to Learn - What if we can create a world where studies/learning & play/fun need not be seen as opposites, but are one and the same. With this premise, the course explores various kinds of games and play forms possible, like, Puzzles & Brainteasers, Game shows, board and card games, quiz like, simulations, other tools of interactivity. The ability to work individually as well in a group are essential needs for this course. Kartic and Preeti have curated this fun filled course.
• ID5101 – The Innovative Entrepreneur 1 – Customer discovery
• ID5102 – The innovative Entrepreneur 2 – Launching your venture
This two part course is an Immersive entrepreneurial experience for the students. Part1 is about customer discovery. Customer segment and value to him/her plays a pivotal role in survival of any initiative. Part 2 focusses on maturing the ideas and customer segments identified into an executable venture.
• Many more…. More on the anvil!!!