DescriptionAbout the cause
The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) has been offering open online courses, mainly targeted at college students in an attempt to strengthen their foundations and make them more employable.
- Through an online portal it offers 4, 8, or 12-week online courses, typically on topics relevant to students in all years of higher education along with basic core courses in sciences and humanities with exposure to relevant tools and technologies
- Faculty of more than 20 institutes which include the IITs, CMI, IIITs, IISER, IMSc are offering courses under NPTEL and more than 1100 colleges all across India are actively participating in these courses.
- 1500+ courses – content available on the website in 23 disciplines, primarily engineering, 1.5 million+ enrolments from all over the country, 1 lakh+ exam registrations.
- NPTEL offers certification through a proctored exam, and this certification has been deemed as valuable in recruitment process of various colleges.
- Profit free fee of 1000rs is charged for operations of conducting examination.
- The expected no. of registrations for the certification exam this year is 80000.
- Requesting funding to support 50% fee waiver to the students proposed by the principal of respective college on economic grounds.
How the money will be used
The funds received will be utilized to provide 50% fee waiver to the students in the courses who are from the nooks and corners across India and not to IIT students.
Tamraparani Hostel - Keepitflowing30K5Cr
IITM at the Airport012L
Tapti Hostel - Keepitflowing41.66L5Cr
Ganga Hostel - Keepitflowing3.28Cr5Cr
Student Distress Fund75.92L2Cr
1980 Batch Ruby Reunion01Cr
Mahanadhi Hostel - Keepitflowing38K5Cr
2007-08 batch contribution towards IITM employee distress fund1.09L3L