Your contributions will help IIT Madras achieve its 2020 Strategic Plan.
The Plan calls for building a new Research Campus to locate the Centers of Excellence and leveraging the IIT Madras Research Park to establish a culture of innovation for students, faculty and alumni; resulting in the Institute being recognized as a hub for entrepreneurship in Chennai.
By 2020, IIT Madras expects to:
- Recruit 30 "top class" faculty/year from current 560 to 700
- Increase faculty participation in sponsored research from 60% to 75%
- Increase faculty participation in consultancy from 36% to 65%
- Increase annually funded research from $50M to $100M
- Increase annual patent applications from current 100 to 140
- Commercialize 5 -10 research innovations annually
- Increase the number of startups incubated annually from 12 to 20
- Increase Centers of Excellence from current 16 to 25
- Current funding from government will support the operational needs of the Institute
- Your gift will help us to meet our aspirational goals
- Help us to build an endowment of Rs.500 crores to Rs.1000 crores