To help current and future IITM students achieve better learning outcomes by giving them the opportunity to lead, learn, and grow.
Scholarships valued at $10,000 (multiple awards planned) will be provided to deserving students willing to attend up to two semesters in a Canadian University, either on an exchange program or those advancing their research through our Joint Doctoral Program(JDP) under the co-supervision of a Canadian professor.Some significant facts that we would like to highlight:
- IITM’s engagement with alumni began formally in 2009 with the first Office of Alumni Relations.
- This has now grown to a global engagement with not for profit entities in the US, Canada, UK. Germany and Singapore and we hope this will grow further.
- The Canadian Friends of IITM (CF IITM) was officially launched in September 2018 with key objectives of delivering financial assistance to students in need, providing scholarships and bursaries, bolstering educational projects and extending health care support to students afflicted with life-threatening diseases. It is incorporated in Canada and has been granted Charitable Status by Canada Revenue Agency in respect of contributions received.
- Our first year ended in December 2019 on an excellent note with financial support for student scholarships, a memorial lecture series and an AI in healthcare incubator to foster student innovations. However, this is only a beginning and we need to set our targets for support from Canada at much higher levels.
- During 2020, Covid-19 has been a major challenge in expanding our support to the Institute. On the positive side it has also made us all realize the importance of good health, family, old friends and community.
- We would like to build on the good beginning we made in 2019 and work out a process to engage better and in more interesting ways with our Alma mater and with each other in Canada.
In our vision of bolstering higher education, we are striving to create synergies between Canadian universities and IITM, and your contribution will be a step towards realization of that vision.
Seminar Hall - 202 in Department of Ocean Engineering10K1.15Cr
1997 Batch Project1.9L50L
1972 Batch Reunion Fund050L
IITM Endowment Fund - IITM Annual Day 202201Cr
Hall 2, IC&SR Building03Cr
Seminar Hall - 361 in Department of Computer Science065L